Pelvic Weakness and Incontinence Following Pregnancy
Pregnancy and childbirth can strain the muscles of your pelvic floor that keep your bladder closed. You may notice leaking when you cough, sneeze, lift something, or exercise. If you find that incontinence continues after you’ve had your baby, you should know it is easily treatable.
CentraState offers physical therapy for urinary incontinence and pelvic conditions. Through properly administered techniques and specific pelvic floor exercises, you can strengthen these muscles and restore control.
Depending on your needs, your customized pelvic floor / urinary incontinence treatment may include:
- Pelvic floor exercises to strengthen and tone muscles and improve control
- Biofeedback to help you know that you’re contracting and relaxing the right muscles
- Education and lifestyle changes that decrease bladder incontinence
- Maintenance of a bladder diary to aid in retraining and keeping track of progress
- Relaxation, meditation, yoga, and breathing techniques
SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT
Talk to your doctor about a referral, and then call 732-294-2700 to schedule your first appointment.