First Impressions Maternity Center
CentraState Medical Center’s First Impressions Maternity Center in Freehold, NJ offers services for every step of your pregnancy—from finding an OB/GYN that’s right for you to childbirth preparation, delivery, and postpartum care. This is just the start of a wonderful journey with your baby, and we care about your needs during this special time.
Our experienced, board-certified physicians and Magnet-recognized registered nurses are here to support you, keep you and your baby safe and healthy, and answer any questions you may have. A neonatologist and an anesthesiologist are available on site 24/7, ready to respond to any special needs. We are committed to making you feel as comfortable, secure, and happy as possible during your birthing experience and hospital stay.
In addition to our team of experts, we offer:
- A state-of-the art facility that includes a Special Care Nursery equipped to deal with high-risk deliveries after 32 weeks of pregnancy
- Private labor and delivery rooms on our maternity wing
- An array of options for easing the pain of labor and delivery, including alternative therapies like aromatherapy, whirlpool baths, and birthing balls
- Homelike postpartum rooms, away from labor and delivery, so you can enjoy quiet time with your newborn
- Family-centered care that facilitates more special moments with your newborn, prompts family bonding, and promotes the ability to learn your baby’s cues
- The opportunity for spouses or additional support persons to accompany you in both labor and mother-baby wings
- Lactation consultants who provide one-on-one breastfeeding advice and can assist with any issues during your stay or after you return home
- A safe and secure environment within our locked unit
- Five-star room service dining on demand, with a restaurant-style menu and the personal convenience of ordering meals when you want them
- Prenatal classes to help you know what to expect during labor and childbirth
My wife gave birth to our son there and the experience was perfect! The staff was awfully friendly and beyond helpful. The labor and delivery nurses were extremely knowledgeable and nurturing. They should be proud of the team they have there!
All of the nurses were awesome. CentraState is a beautiful hospital. Every person that stepped into my room, including housekeeping, dietary, phlebotomists, photographer, etc., were all great and treated myself and my daughter like royalty. Thank you all for everything. I will definitely be returning to deliver my next child if we choose to have another.
I had 3 babies via C-section here within 4 years. I could not have had a better experience each time. The nurses are amazing. I was lucky enough to have some of the same nurses each time and I can honestly say the care I received was tremendous.
Amazing labor and delivery and maternity nurses. Sweet and compassionate ER nurses. CentraState always takes special care of the people I care about most in this world.
A special thank you to the entire special care unit who took such great care of our youngest son. The best labor and delivery unit any mother could want!
My daughter was born a month early and needed to stay in your Special Care Nursery for a few days. The staff in there were outstanding!
Best staff EVER! Loved having my baby there!
Love the special care nursery and the whole staff of nurses in labor and delivery and special care!
The nurses and staff of the labor and delivery department are awesome and so caring. I’m very happy with them. The rooms were nice as well.
Wonderful hospital. I had my son there and they took great care of my baby and myself.