We understand that some moms and babies need help during the learning process of breastfeeding. We provide breastfeeding education during pregnancy, support in the hospital after delivery and also after the birth of your baby. Our board-certified lactation consultants will guide you on:
- Getting your newborn to latch
- Ways to hold your baby while nursing
- Cues that your baby is hungry
- Understanding different types of breast milk
- How to know if your baby is getting enough milk
- Ways to alleviate engorgement
If you have questions prior to your hospital stay, we welcome you to contact our lactation consultants at 732.303.5258.
Breastfeeding Support After Your Hospital Stay
The Lactation Center at CentraState offers a warm, comfortable, supportive environment to educate, counsel, and support breastfeeding mothers. Following your hospital stay, our lactation consultants are available in person by appointment. Our lactation center is happy to meet with all mothers, regardless of where they delivered their baby.
We address a variety of concerns during the consultations including but not limited to:
- Assessing a mother’s milk supply and infant’s intake during feeding
- Measuring baby’s weight before and after a feeding
- Individual instruction on latching and positioning techniques
- Low/slow weight gain concerns
- Guidance for pumping when you return to work
- Answering any questions you may have and addressing conflicting information from your OB/GYN and pediatrician
- Postpartum depression
Most insurance companies cover a minimum of one lactation consultation, although many cover up to ten appointments. Arranged payment plans are available for consultations not covered by your insurance.
Schedule an Appointment
Parents can call our breastfeeding “warmline” at 732-303-5258 to speak with a lactation consultant and schedule an appointment to meet in a private, one-on-one setting. One-hour consultations are available during normal weekday business hours. When coming in for your appointment, please arrive ten minutes early and come with a hungry baby.
Request More Info
To request more information about maternity services at CentraState or to ask any questions, please complete this form and we will be in touch shortly.