Breastfeeding Support After Your Hospital Stay
The Lactation Center at CentraState offers a warm, comfortable, supportive environment to educate, counsel, and support breastfeeding mothers. Following your hospital stay, we can still help. Our lactation consultants are available to meet with all mothers, regardless of where they delivered their baby.
We address a variety of concerns during the consultations including but not limited to:
- Assessing a mother’s milk supply and infant’s intake during feeding
- Measuring baby’s weight before and after a feeding
- Individual instruction on latching and positioning techniques
- Low/slow weight gain concerns
- Guidance for pumping when you return to work
- Answering any questions you may have and addressing conflicting information from your OB/GYN and pediatrician
- Postpartum depression
Insurance for Breastfeeding Support
Health insurance companies are required to cover one visit with a lactation consultant with no copay or deductible. Additional breastfeeding support, counseling, and breastfeeding equipment may be covered before and after birth and for as long as you nurse your baby. Please check with your insurance company to verify.
Schedule an Appointment with a Lactation Consultant
Parents can call our breastfeeding “warmline” at 732-303-5258 to speak with a lactation consultant and schedule an appointment to meet in a private, one-on-one setting. One-hour consultations are available during normal weekday business hours. We can provide a remote consultation if needed. When coming in for your appointment, please arrive ten minutes early and come with a hungry baby.